The purpose of this activity is to teach healthcare professionals how to teach patients to be responsible in their own well-being by not just doing all the routine tasks for patients during treatment, but by also taking the time to engage them in their own care, thereby increasing treatment adherence and overall well-being.
- Participants will be able to describe the differences between “traditional” medical education and Self-Management Education
- Participants will be able to identify the Stages of Change and use this knowledge to deliver Self-Management Education
- Participants will be able to describe 4 critical elements of Motivational Interviewing
Expiration Date: 04-30-2017
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at American Kidney Fund.
- Enroll in the course
- Take the post test. A score of 80% or greater is needed to pass. If you fail the first time, you have only one chance to pass before being blocked from taking the test for 7 days. After a third failed attempt you will not receive credit for the course.
- Once completed, complete the short survey and the certificate will be available for print.