This course addresses kidney replacement therapy and dialysis access options for patients with stage IV and stage V kidney disease.
- Describe the various types of kidney replacement therapies;
- Discuss three lifestyle considerations associated with each modality;
- State two common myths/fears associated with each modality;
- Recognize the benefit of helping patients select the modality that is right for them; and
- Name three patient education resources to use when discussing options with patients.
Expiration Date: 04-30-2017
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at American Kidney Fund.
- Enroll in the course
- Take the post test. A score of 80% or greater is needed to pass. If you fail the first time, you have only one chance to pass before being blocked from taking the test for 7 days. After a third failed attempt you will not receive credit for the course.
- Once completed, complete the short survey and the certificate will be available for print.