The effective delivery of dialysis treatment requires each clinician be skilled in multiple areas. Whereas most renal professionals receive training regarding the clinical aspects of the initiation, monitoring, and discontinuation of a dialysis treatment, less attention is paid to other important issues associated with effective care. Specifically, the issue of Professionalism has been demonstrated to be a critical component in the delivery of a successful health care experience.
- Participants will be able to describe four critical elements associated with being a professional.
- Participants will be able to describe the relationship between medical ethics and professionalism.
- Participants will be able to describe the relationship between boundaries and professionalism and be able to identify boundary violations.
Expiration Date: 04-30-2017
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at American Kidney Fund.
- Enroll in the course
- Take the post test. A score of 80% or greater is needed to pass. If you fail the first time, you have only one chance to pass before being blocked from taking the test for 7 days. After a third failed attempt you will not receive credit for the course.
- Once completed, complete the short survey and the certificate will be available for print.