The effective delivery of a complicated medical intervention, such as a dialysis treatment requires each clinician be skilled in multiple areas. Whereas most companies provide training regarding the clinical aspects of the initiation, monitoring, and discontinuation of a dialysis treatment, little attention is paid to other important issues associated with effective care. The relationship that providers have with their patients is very important. Higher quality patient/provider relationships are associated with better clinical outcomes across all medical settings.
- Participants will be able to identify and describe the four critical components of an effective Patient/Provider relationship
- Participants will be able to describe the theory associated with Patient-Centered Care and describe how this approach improves the relationship between patients and providers.
- Participants will be able to describe and utilize three approaches to improving communication with patients.
Expiration Date: 04-30-2017
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at American Kidney Fund.
- Enroll in the course
- Take the post test. A score of 80% or greater is needed to pass. If you fail the first time, you have only one chance to pass before being blocked from taking the test for 7 days. After a third failed attempt you will not receive credit for the course.
- Once completed, complete the short survey and the certificate will be available for print.