This course provides the physiological and engineering background to the use of pressure in the high flow nasal cannula system, providing training in assembly and anticiapted pressures to maximize efficiency.
- Clarify the role of pressure as a mechanism of action for high flow therapy (HFT)
- Gain an understanding of the factors that determine pressure in a HFT system circuit as well as a patient’s airway
- Understand the fundamental engineering concerns associated with assembling a high flow nasal cannula circuit, so as to optimize efficacy at minimal pressures.
- Learn what to anticipate for patient airway pressures, based on the current literature.
This course is approved for 1.0 CE credit(s).
This free CE activity for Respiratory Therapists is provided by Philips Learning Center and accredited by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC).
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at Vapotherm Education Center. An AARC ID is not needed but if you have one, remember to include it as part of your registration.
- View the webinar/flash presentation
- Take and pass the Post-Test/Evaluation.
- Once completed, go to “My Account” to print your online certificate