This course will review High Flow Therapy mechanisms of action, including the difference between High Flow Nasal Cannula Therapy and traditional oxygen therapy. Recent research on High Flow Therapy will also be reviewed.
- Understand the reason for limiting conventional nasal cannula therapy to low flows
- Define High Flow Therapy and how it can be accomplished with a nasal cannula
- Explain how the dynamics of flow through the nasopharynx improve respiratory efficiency and support work of breathing
- Explain how gas delivered at body temperature and saturated promotes better respiratory mechanics and decreases energy of gas conditioning
This course is approved for 1.0 CE credit(s).
This free CE activity for Respiratory Therapists is provided by Philips Learning Center and accredited by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC).
Before You Begin
Register for a free account at Vapotherm Education Center. An AARC ID is not needed but if you have one, remember to include it as part of your registration.
- View the webinar/flash presentation
- Take and pass the Post-Test/Evaluation.
- Once completed, go to “My Account” to print your online certificate