The goal of this activity is to provide pharmacists and pharmacy technicians with education regarding the fundamentals of homeopathic medicine, including definitions and underlying principles, safety and effectiveness, common myths and barriers to use, and current research.
- Define homeopathic medicine and describe essential principles of approaches to treatment
- Discuss myths and facts about homeopathic medicine as they relate to the practice and delivery of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)
- Describe current research about homeopathy, including results from randomized controlled trials
- Evaluate the safety of homeopathic preparations and discuss issues pertaining to drug interactions, safety monitoring, and individual patient response
- Compare and contrast governmental regulation of homeopathic medicines, CAM products, and conventional pharmaceuticals
Expiration Date: 06-30-2019
This course is approved for 2.0 contact hour(s).
This free CE activity for Pharmacy Technicians is provided by PowerPAK and accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) with the Universal Activity Number of 0430-0000-17-056-H01-T.
Before You Begin
- During the period June 30, 2017 through June 30, 2019, participants must 1) read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures; 2) view the educational activity; and 3) complete the post-test and evaluation form directly after the activity within a maximum of 60 days of participating in the activity. To answer the questions, click on your selected choice for each answer then proceed to the next question. Once completed, click on the Grade Exam button at the bottom of the page. Your post-test will automatically be graded. If you successfully complete the post-test (score of 70% or higher), your statement of participation will be made available immediately. Click on the View Statement of Participation link and print the statement for your records. If you receive a score lower than 70%, you will receive a message notifying you that you did not pass the post-test. You will have 2 opportunities to pass the post-test. To receive Credit, you must provide your date of birth and NABP number. All Credit information will be uploaded into CPE monitor within 30 days.
- For further questions regarding PowerPAK courses, please refer to their Frequent Ask Questions (link)