Pharmacists working in integrated healthcare delivery systems play a key role in affecting best practices and resource utilization in HF management. They are also gatekeepers, helping to ensure that facilities meet payer and internal quality measures in HF by appropriate prescribing. Pharmacists also help to evaluate the evidence supporting novel therapies and monitoring systems, so they can directly influence the uptake of innovations in the health system. This program will address gaps in knowledge and competence regarding HF management in an era of new developments in quality metrics, treatment, biomarker testing, and electronic monitoring.
- Explain the burden of and challenges faced in reducing hospitalization and readmission in HF
- Describe the types, causes, and signs and symptoms of HF
- Identify new classes of pharmacologic agents for HF
- Recognize new frontiers in workup, monitoring and treatment in HF
Expiration Date: 04-07-2018
- To receive credit after viewing this CPE activity in its entirety, participants must complete the pre-activity assessment, posttest, and evaluation. The pre-activity assessment, posttest, and evaluation can be completed online at http://www.mlicme.org/P17005-4w.html. Upon completion of the evaluation and scoring a 70% or better on the posttest, you will immediately receive your certificate online. If you do not achieve a score of 70% or better on the posttest, you will be asked to take it again. Please retain a copy of the Certificate for your records. For questions regarding the accreditation of this activity, please contact Medical Learning Institute, Inc. at (609) 333-1693 or [email protected]